Mindlinks May 2015
Every month we bring you the latest news from the world of Psychology! Here is my collection of links that I found most exciting the last month. Feel free to add your favorite news in the comment section!
- Have you ever dreamed of having x-ray vision like Superman? I am sorry to tell you that this is still not possible. However, researchers who trained the vision of baseball players claim that it is possible to achieve “super vision” through brain training exercises.
- Sometimes people experience physical symptoms that cannot be explained medically by any kind of doctor. A woman goes blind, another one cannot walk anymore. An extract from It’s All In Your Head by Suzanne O’Sullivan shows some interesting patients stories of psychosomatic illness.
- Nature or nurture? This question has bothered people for many decades. Now, there might be a final answer! Researchers looked at 2,748 studies involving more than 14.5 million pairs of twins. Check out what they have found and learn why the question might be outdated.
- Put some plants on the roofs! Green roofs are not only good for the environment and look beautiful, they also help you to be more concentrated as the results of a new study indicate! Only 40 seconds of looking into the Green makes you perform better!
- Have you ever experienced absolute silence? It is almost impossible. But when you are in fact deprived from auditory input, some strange things might happen: Your brain might come up with its own sounds.
NOTE: Image by Arkady Amiragov
(Visited 42 times, 3 visits today)